The bend effect for music video transforms a scene by distorting the sides of an image using horizontal and vertical waves. The bend effect can be adjusted using intensity, rate, or width to obtain the desired pattern. This effect can be animated to create waves at the side of an image, to change the intensity of the pattern, or to change the wavelength of the pattern.
I have demonstrated the bend effect for music video by editing a Latin music clip of Romeo Santos’s “Propuesta Indecente”. I have added the effect at a dancing scene as the couple bends towards the floor. I have added a vertical bend and animated the intensity, so that the effect increases as the couple bends lower and lower.
I have given several examples of the bend effect for music video, each with different wavelengths, so that you can get a feeling for the potential uses of this effect. The bend effect can be good for music video if you want to emphasize the center of a scene. Bending the sides of an image draws the viewer’s attention towards the center.
- The Wave Warp Effect For Music Video - July 3, 2014
- The Mirror Effect For Music Video - June 20, 2014
- A Fast SD Card For Recording Video - June 16, 2014
- The Doors Transition For Music Video - June 12, 2014
- The Flip Over Transition For Music Video - June 9, 2014
- The Spin Transition For Music Video - June 7, 2014