The twirl effect for music video creates a graphical transformation of a scene by distorting the image using a swirl or circular pattern. The twirl effect’s angle, radius, and center can be adjusted in order to produce the desired artistic effect. The swirl pattern can be animated in order to show an increasing or decreasing angle and/or radius. The twirl effect is appropriate in music video to create a circular or spinning feeling, or to artistically modify a scene with circular imagery.
In the example video, I have demonstrated the twirl effect for music video by editing an electronic music clip of Daft Punk’s “Instant Crush featuring Julian Casablancas”. I have added the twirl effect during a guitar solo where the spotlight lands on the portrait of a kissing couple, and I have animated the twirl effect to show the kissing couple merging together with an increasing twirl pattern.
I have created several examples of the twirl effect for music video using different settings for the twirl angle. This effect can be used in music video to emphasize circular or spinning motion of dancers, clouds, waves, and other imagery.
- The Wave Warp Effect For Music Video - July 3, 2014
- The Mirror Effect For Music Video - June 20, 2014
- A Fast SD Card For Recording Video - June 16, 2014
- The Doors Transition For Music Video - June 12, 2014
- The Flip Over Transition For Music Video - June 9, 2014
- The Spin Transition For Music Video - June 7, 2014